STANVILLE, Ky. (WOWK) – Kentucky State Police say 67-year-old Jerry Hackworth was struck by a vehicle in the northbound lane of US 23 around 8:30 p.m. Wednesday evening. Hackworth was pronounced dead at the scene by the Floyd County Coroner’s office.
There are no other reported injuries from this crash. Both lanes were shut down for a short period and are now open.
Police say it is unknown if Hackworth was attempting to cross the roadway or only walking on the road when struck by the vehicle.
- Smashing pumpkins: Oregon Zoo pachyderms go to work
- Ugly Sweater Pop-Tarts hit stores for the holiday season
- Fire destroys abandoned house in Barboursville
- Bridge Day 2019 is a national holiday for extreme sports enthusiasts
- 600 Florida turtles saved from poaching ring; 2 men arrested
- Ohio student launches nonprofit to bring books to inmates
- Officials split building in two to solve property dispute in Ohio
- Cemetery killer booby-trapped home to target police
- Ohio University suspends more organizations amid hazing probe
- ‘A symbol of acceptance’: Kellogg joins anti-bullying campaign with All Together cereal