STANVILLE, Ky. (WOWK) – Kentucky State Police say 67-year-old Jerry Hackworth was struck by a vehicle in the northbound lane of US 23 around 8:30 p.m. Wednesday evening. Hackworth was pronounced dead at the scene by the Floyd County Coroner’s office.
There are no other reported injuries from this crash. Both lanes were shut down for a short period and are now open.
Police say it is unknown if Hackworth was attempting to cross the roadway or only walking on the road when struck by the vehicle.
- T-Mobile launches initiative to better serve first responders
- Polling stations opening for Kentucky primary election: dispute on how many
- Photo Gallery: Protests over George Floyd’s death break out across nation
- Dept. of Homeland Security: increase in child exploitation, cyberbullying during pandemic
- Crowds gather again in Columbus to protest police brutality, emergency declared in downtown area
- Man stabbed multiple times in Charleston
- Teen describes being trapped in flipped truck during flash flooding
- Explosion at SpaceX South Texas facility caught on camera
- George Floyd protests grow across the U.S.
- Hotel industry hits record breaking low at local and national level