CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WOWK) – A luncheon will take place at the West Virginia Cultural Center in Charleston in honor of Cervical Health Awareness Month.
The Cultural Center partnered with the West Virginia Breast and Cervical Cancer Screening Program to display the 2018-2020 Quilts of Hope.
The Quilts of Hope are made by volunteers throughout the state sell donation tickets to raise funds for the WV Diagnostic and Treatment Fund.
The quilts will be on display the rest of January at the Cultural Center. You can find them at 1900 Kanawha Boulevard East.
- OLBH closure announcement affects local businesses
- Update: Two people sent to the hospital in shooting in Guyandotte
- Charleston’s annual Carnaval is just around the corner
- Special grand jury indicts Jackson County, WV man in death of infant daughter
- ‘Shoe Fairy’ receives surprise from anonymous donor
- Kanawha Valley Collective hopes to collect 200 blankets
- Former delegate Riley Moore to run for West Virginia State Treasurer
- New bill could change cursive curriculum in elementary schools
- WV House of Delegates approves controversial fire code changes
- Chicago woman is 2nd US patient with new virus from China