CLARKSBURG, WV (WOWK) – The second wrongful death civil lawsuit has been filed concerning the 12 suspicious deaths of veterans at the VA Medical Center in Clarksburg.
In most of these cases, the patients were given a fatal dose of insulin even though they were not diabetic. The U.S. Attorney’s office for the Northern District of West Virginia has convened a grand jury and is looking at a person of interest in the case, so far no one has been charged with any crime.
The claims are being brought on behalf of Ret. Senior Master Sergeant George Nelson Shaw, Sr., who has since passed away.
This is a developing story. Please check with WOWKTV.com for further developments.
- Five cases to watch as a conservative Supreme Court begins its new term
- Sacheen Littlefeather, who declined Brando’s Oscar, dies at 75
- Watch: By boat and jet ski, volunteers assist in Ian rescue efforts
- It’s flu vaccine time and seniors need revved-up shots
- Nobel prize in medicine awarded for research on evolution