CLARKSBURG, WV (WOWK) – The second wrongful death civil lawsuit has been filed concerning the 12 suspicious deaths of veterans at the VA Medical Center in Clarksburg.
In most of these cases, the patients were given a fatal dose of insulin even though they were not diabetic. The U.S. Attorney’s office for the Northern District of West Virginia has convened a grand jury and is looking at a person of interest in the case, so far no one has been charged with any crime.
The claims are being brought on behalf of Ret. Senior Master Sergeant George Nelson Shaw, Sr., who has since passed away.
This is a developing story. Please check with WOWKTV.com for further developments.
- More COVID-19 restrictions lifted in Bluegrass State
- North Dakota to end participation in federal pandemic-related unemployment programs
- Chipotle increasing average wage to $15 per hour
- Here’s why you might find a dryer sheet stuck in your mailbox
- New report shows Ohio again leader in so-called ‘puppy mills’