CLARKSBURG, WV (WOWK) – The second wrongful death civil lawsuit has been filed concerning the 12 suspicious deaths of veterans at the VA Medical Center in Clarksburg.
In most of these cases, the patients were given a fatal dose of insulin even though they were not diabetic. The U.S. Attorney’s office for the Northern District of West Virginia has convened a grand jury and is looking at a person of interest in the case, so far no one has been charged with any crime.
The claims are being brought on behalf of Ret. Senior Master Sergeant George Nelson Shaw, Sr., who has since passed away.
This is a developing story. Please check with WOWKTV.com for further developments.
- Typhoon impacts schedule for Olympic rowing events
- Grasping for air: Heat a major issue at Olympic tennis venue
- Do you know what the Olympic rings stand for?
- Neal Brown on Big 12 parity: “The margin for error in this league is really, really small”
- Ohioan quarantined after traveling on same flight as monkeypox patient