BECKLEY, WV (WVNS) — An investigation beginning in the summer of 2019 led to the arrest of a South Charleston man.
Christopher Malone, 27, is charged with soliciting a minor via computer. The arrest happened on May 26, 2020.
Malone is accused of sending nude pictures of himself to a 13-year-old girl using the social media platform Snapchat. Investigators said Malone also received nude pictures of the victim. This happened from June 1 to late July 2019. The two met on MeetMe.com before shifting to Snapchat.
Malone is being held in the Southern Regional Jail. He was arraigned in front of Magistrate Tomi Peck who assigned a bond of $50,000.
- Former Nitro Baseball star Levi Kelly on the verge of making big league debut with Diamondbacks
- Here’s the new location for the West Virginia Panhandle Series Tournament
- St. Albans Boys Basketball coaching staff opens up local ice cream shop
- Strong storms possible Sunday, heat returns next week
- St. Albans Police investigating after body found in Kanawha River
- Even during pandemic beekeeping remains an essential service
- One in four teachers at risk of serious illness if infected with COVID-19
- One death, 72 new cases of virus in Mountain State
- Here’s how to keep your pets cool and safe this summer
- ‘Herd That’ bounced from TBT after falling to Overseas Elite 93-76