LAKE ST. LOUIS, Mo. (WJW, AP) — Two mothers and their 12-year-old daughters were tragically killed in a car crash while on their way to a volleyball tournament.
It happened Friday morning near Lake Saint Louis in Missouri.
According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the victims have been identified as Carrie McCaw, her daughter, Kacey McCaw, Lesley Prather, and her daughter Rhyan Prather. All four of the victims were from Louisville, Kentucky.
Troopers said a pickup truck hit their minivan head-on along with another car.
The driver of the pickup truck and those in the car were not seriously hurt.
The Louisville Fire Department wrote a tribute post about one of the victims, Lesley Prather, on social media. They said she joined the team as a firefighter in 2016.
“Please keep these families and all whose lives have been touched by these four beautiful souls in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time,” the department said in the post.
Assumption High School also paid tribute to the victims in a Facebook post. Carrie McCaw had graduated from the school in 1994.
“We send our deepest condolences, thoughts, and prayers to the McCaw and Prather families. #FaithGuides,” the school wrote.
- Mandatory face coverings ordered in West Virginia
- City searches for solutions as recycling cease continues due to COVID-19
- Testing appointments booking quickly following the holiday weekend
- Colin Kaepernick signs multi-project deal with Disney
- Pandemic presents unique challenges for kids with special needs and their families
- Jewel City ramps up plans for historic anniversary
- Unemployed Ohioans may be eligible for an additional 20 weeks of benefits
- COVID-19 cases in WV continue to rise
- Winfield Youth Baseball webcast streaming 7:30 p.m. EST Monday, July 6, 2020
- Search for suspects in Kanawha County burglary underway