LAKE ST. LOUIS, Mo. (WJW, AP) — Two mothers and their 12-year-old daughters were tragically killed in a car crash while on their way to a volleyball tournament.
It happened Friday morning near Lake Saint Louis in Missouri.
According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the victims have been identified as Carrie McCaw, her daughter, Kacey McCaw, Lesley Prather, and her daughter Rhyan Prather. All four of the victims were from Louisville, Kentucky.
Troopers said a pickup truck hit their minivan head-on along with another car.
The driver of the pickup truck and those in the car were not seriously hurt.
The Louisville Fire Department wrote a tribute post about one of the victims, Lesley Prather, on social media. They said she joined the team as a firefighter in 2016.
“Please keep these families and all whose lives have been touched by these four beautiful souls in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time,” the department said in the post.
Assumption High School also paid tribute to the victims in a Facebook post. Carrie McCaw had graduated from the school in 1994.
“We send our deepest condolences, thoughts, and prayers to the McCaw and Prather families. #FaithGuides,” the school wrote.
- Pittsburgh Pirates offer resources for kids doing at-home learning
- Charities ask people to wait to drop off thrift store donations
- Tyson Foods to give $60 million in bonuses for frontline workers
- Federal and state officials team up to launch West Virginia Coronavirus Fraud Task Force
- WATCH LIVE: White House coronavirus task force gives Tuesday briefing, key updates on social distancing guidelines
- California resident celebrates 110th birthday
- West Virginia to receive nearly $19 Million from CARES Act
- Beshear confirms 114 new cases, seven COVID-19 related deaths
- Florida family creates virtual Disney vacation
- Large group of ‘Spring Breakers,’ including ones from UT Austin, test positive for COVID-19, APH says