VISALIA, CA (KSEE/KGPE) – The two 13-year-olds accused of starting the deadly Porterville library fire have been charged with murder with special circumstances, according to the Tulare County District Attorney’s Office.
Tuesday’s fire claimed the lives of Porterville Fire Captain Raymond Figueroa, 35, and Firefighter Patrick Jones, 25.
In a statement Friday, the DA’s office said that the teenagers are also facing arson-related charges.
The unidentified minors have both denied the charges against them. They are scheduled to return to juvenile court on March 11.
- Trump, coronavirus task force set 5 p.m. briefing
- Confirmed COVID-19 cases in Kanawha County now at 28
- COVID-19 makes it harder for campaigns to ask for money
- Equifax breach: Check for exposed data, get $125
- Country music legend Joe Diffie dies from COVID-19 complications
- Best Virginia alumni squad one of first five teams accepted to TBT
- ‘Please toilet paper my house’: Cute yard signs lifting spirits in Texas
- WATCH LIVE: Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear provides daily COVID-19 update at 5 p.m.
- UPDATE: State Police: Both suspects have been found dead
- Kanawha-Charleston Health Department: Please self-isolate after travel