(CNN) – During these trying times, we might need a soothing voice to help us get to sleep. This is why Dolly Parton is going to start reading bedtime stories from the Imagination Library starting April 2.
Dolly will be reading the stories in a new youtube series called “Goodnight with Dolly.” The read-aloud program is set to run 10 weeks, and will feature stories including “The Little Engine that Could, “Llama, Llama, Red Pajama” and Parton’s own “Coat of Many Colors.”
The “Jolene” singer has always had a passion for reading. In 1995, she created the gift-giving program “Imagination Library” that mails out free books to children around the world.
- WATCH LIVE: Authorities give update on the death of George Floyd amidst violent protests in Minneapolis
- Trump escalates war on Twitter, social media protections
- Board of Health approves grants to pay healthcare staff overtime
- Man learns his license plate has a twin when another driver’s bills arrive
- TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Home Goods to reopen most stores by end of June
- WV attorney general warns of fake COVID-19 contact tracer texting scam
- Boston Marathon canceled for 1st time in 124-year history
- Ohio to begin outdoor visitation at assisted living, intermediate care facilities next month
- City of Huntington Development Office sets virtual public hearings
- Former TV weatherman sentenced to at least 4 years in child porn case