UPDATE 2:38 PM (9-28-2020)- Police have informed 7News that the suspect arrested in the high-speed chase is Shad Boccella.
Boccella is 24 years old.
Full charges on Boccella will be released shortly.
Belmont County, OH (WTRF)- A high speed chase that started in Pittsburgh ended in Belmont County.
Police ended the chase on I-470 near St. Clairsville.
The suspect is currently in custody and is heading to the Belmont County Jail.
Police say the man driving the red utility truck took off from Pittsburgh police in a stolen vehicle.
Speeds reached up to at least 70 MPH while in Belmont County
No one was injured during the pursuit.
Agencies involved were the PA state police, Ohio Highway Patrol, Belmont County Sheriff’s, Ohio County Sheriff’s, Bellaire Bridgeport and St. Clairsville PD.
Police say names are to follow
7News is on the scene working to get more details. Refresh for updates
- MLB investigating Dodgers player who left isolation to celebrate World Series victory, after testing positive for coronavirus
- Flood watch in parts of West Virginia ahead of expected heavy rains from Zeta and a look at sharply colder weather to start next week
- 2021 Boston Marathon postponed, ‘at least’ until the fall
- Beshear gives COVID-19 update to Kentucky
- Tshiebwe, Culver receive preseason honors from Big 12