(WJET/WFXP) Erie, PA- Being a kid in the hospital can be scary enough, but that trip from your room to surgery can be even more traumatic.
The folks at UPMC Hamot are making that experience one the kids won’t forget.
Kids can now drive a new electric car down the hallway and into the OR prior to their surgery.
It helps reduce their anxiety about surgery.
“I’m way more on ease knowing that he can have a little fun before,” said Adejah Pacley, mother.
“The real benefit of this is that it really alleviates their stress, makes the experience fun. It welcomes them into the OR, the team surrounds them. The team is thrilled to see this,” said David Gibbons, President, UPMC Hamot.
UPMC Northwest in Venango County also recently started using these cars.
- ‘The Maker’s Center’ innovates as it creates PPE for front-line heroes
- Severe Storms Possible Late Tuesday-Early Wednesday
- Australian court dismisses cardinal’s sex abuse convictions
- Researchers turn CPAP machines into ventilators
- Actor Matthew McConaughey plays virtual bingo with seniors in isolation
- Michigan deputies make deliveries to citizens who are unable to get needed items themselves
- ICYMI: April 6 tristate COVID-19 update
- ‘Let’s hurry up!’: W.Va. Senator calling governor to put unemployment claims first
- CDC tips about cloth face coverings
- Kitties take over the Georgia Aquarium