ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (CNN) – A Florida man is accused of murdering his pro-Trump boss on a construction site where they worked.
28-year-old Mason Toney is in custody, after allegedly stabbing his boss on Monday.
The victim, 28-year-old William Knight, was a big supporter of President Donald Trump. Orange County deputies say they found Knight dead with a brand new American flag draped over the side of his body.
The Orange County Sheriff’s Office says the murder appears to be related to a political dispute between the two men.
The preliminary report determined the murder weapon was a trowel, a common tool used for bricklaying.
Police say there were a number of witnesses to the crime at a construction site just off the Florida Turnpike.
The suspect left the scene in a white pick-up truck. He was taken into custody after crashing it in a brief pursuit in Brevard County and is currently being held in Orange County without bond.
- Shake Shoppe hosts fundraiser for WV Habitat for Humanity
- Multiple fire departments battle Kanawha County fire
- Senators push to make New River Gorge a national park and preserve
- President Trump authorizes additional disaster assistance for historic 2016 flood
- Basketball team wins fight to play in tournament
- Marshall University to play East Carolina in memory of 75 who died in plane crash
- WV House wants criminal investigation of hospital closures
- PTSD Bill passes WV House of Delegates
- “Friends” is getting a reunion
- Fire at Kentucky prison forces inmates to be relocated