SAVANNAH, Ga. (WSAV) – A man accused of slapping a news reporter on the rear during a live report in Georgia last weekend has been arrested.
Thomas Callaway is charged with sexual battery in connection to the incident at last Saturday’s bridge run in Savannah, in which he ran up behind WSAV’s Alex Bozarjian and slapped her on the backside during live coverage of the event.
He turned himself in Friday at the Chatham County Sheriff’s Office and has since been released on $1,300 bond.
In a brief e-mail Friday, Bozarjian’s attorney, Gloria Allred, said “Alex is looking forward to justice in this case.”
WSAV has issued the following statement regarding the arrest:
The conduct displayed toward Alex Bozarjian during her live coverage of Saturday’s Savannah Bridge Run was reprehensible and completely unacceptable.
No one should ever be disrespected in this manner. The safety and protection of our employees is WSAV-TV’s highest priority.
WSAV continues to support Alex completely as this case moves forward.
- OLBH closure announcement affects local businesses
- Update: Two people sent to the hospital in shooting in Guyandotte
- Charleston’s annual Carnaval is just around the corner
- Special grand jury indicts Jackson County, WV man in death of infant daughter
- ‘Shoe Fairy’ receives surprise from anonymous donor
- Kanawha Valley Collective hopes to collect 200 blankets
- Former delegate Riley Moore to run for West Virginia State Treasurer
- New bill could change cursive curriculum in elementary schools
- WV House of Delegates approves controversial fire code changes
- Chicago woman is 2nd US patient with new virus from China