SAVANNAH, Ga. (WSAV) – A man accused of slapping a news reporter on the rear during a live report in Georgia last weekend has been arrested.
Thomas Callaway is charged with sexual battery in connection to the incident at last Saturday’s bridge run in Savannah, in which he ran up behind WSAV’s Alex Bozarjian and slapped her on the backside during live coverage of the event.
He turned himself in Friday at the Chatham County Sheriff’s Office and has since been released on $1,300 bond.
In a brief e-mail Friday, Bozarjian’s attorney, Gloria Allred, said “Alex is looking forward to justice in this case.”
WSAV has issued the following statement regarding the arrest:
The conduct displayed toward Alex Bozarjian during her live coverage of Saturday’s Savannah Bridge Run was reprehensible and completely unacceptable.
No one should ever be disrespected in this manner. The safety and protection of our employees is WSAV-TV’s highest priority.
WSAV continues to support Alex completely as this case moves forward.
- Non-profit going the extra mile to feed families during pandemic
- Watch: Massive explosions rock Beirut with widespread damage, injuries
- Truck hauling corn crashes on WV turnpike
- Search underway for suspects in attempted school facility break-in
- Man charged after allegedly setting his own house on fire
- Doctors warn people without fevers may still have COVID-19
- Newsfeed Now: Isaias makes landfall; Reporter shares story of recovery
- Mountain state reports highest single-day COVID-19 death toll
- Honda recalls 1.6M vans and SUVs in US
- Olympics difficult to hold without a vaccine; athletes get financial boost as training continues