DEKALB COUNTY, Ala. (WJW) – A 21-year-old man is accused of calling 911 after his marijuana was allegedly stolen while at a gas station.
According to the Dekalb County Sheriff’s Office, dispatchers received the bizarre call last week.
Officers from the local police department, along with deputies, responded to the scene where they met Dante Bellamoli.
Upon further investigation, they found him to be in possession of cocaine and drug paraphernalia.
“It probably wasn’t the best decision for this individual to choose to report stolen marijuana, but we were happy to investigate it for him,” said Sheriff Nick Weldon in a press release.
Bellamoli was arrested and is now charged with possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Natalie Tennant running for Secretary of State in an attempt to regain seat
- Cross Lanes residents voice their disapproval for proposed Nitro annexation
- Cabell Huntington Hospital nurses vote to organize a union
- Ohio lawmakers consider removing statute of limitations for rape cases
- Dad used 11-month-old as ‘human shield’ in drug deal; baby shot multiple times
- Scioto County doctor sentenced for role in pill mill
- Police searching for missing Berkley County man
- Kanawha County health officials prepare for rise in HIV
- Charleston Announces Inaugural Youth Council
- WATCH: Live on the Red Carpet from the 2019 CMA Awards