DEKALB COUNTY, Ala. (WJW) – A 21-year-old man is accused of calling 911 after his marijuana was allegedly stolen while at a gas station.
According to the Dekalb County Sheriff’s Office, dispatchers received the bizarre call last week.
Officers from the local police department, along with deputies, responded to the scene where they met Dante Bellamoli.
Upon further investigation, they found him to be in possession of cocaine and drug paraphernalia.
“It probably wasn’t the best decision for this individual to choose to report stolen marijuana, but we were happy to investigate it for him,” said Sheriff Nick Weldon in a press release.
Bellamoli was arrested and is now charged with possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Ohio corrections employee tests positive for COVID-19, inmates quarantined
- Three people shot in parking lot of Ironton bar
- WARNING: Poisonous plants blooming soon in Central Ohio
- Ohio man shot after confrontation at residence
- VIDEO: Amazon trailers go up in flames in massive fire at commercial building
- Inmate cuts off part of his finger, mails it to newspaper to protest jail conditions
- Three undocumented immigrants plead guilty to federal charges
- Overall, a very nice weekend but hot weather looms!
- Two dogs die in hot car after AC fails while owner attends dog training lecture
- Backpack Buddy Community Packing Day still on for Putnam County