CAYCE, S.C. (AP) — Authorities say a 6-year-old South Carolina girl who disappeared Monday after getting off her school bus was found dead and a homicide investigation has begun.
Cayce Police also announced at a Thursday news conference that a body of a man was also recently found in Faye Marie Swetlik’s neighborhood. Authorities didn’t give any evidence to connect the two deaths, but said there is no danger to the public.
They also announced no arrests have been made in the girl’s death.
- Crews respond to apartment fire in Huntington
- ‘All Together Now:’ Examining racial relations in Mountain State
- 13 News’ “Fill the Bus” campaign underway in a safe way
- Haunted coffee shop in Ripley offers spooky brews
- 13 News Now webcast, Wednesday, Aug. 12: Live at 9 p.m. EST
- ‘She’s up to the task’: Democrats excited about Kamala Harris joining Joe Biden on 2020 ticket
- ‘It happens everywhere, it can happen to everyone;’ local shelter strives to address domestic violence
- Kanawha County Schools to ensure bus safety
- SPECIAL REPORT: ‘All Together Now’
- Meet the new Deputy Secretary of WV DHHR