GARNER, NC (WNCN) — A North Carolina woman is behind bars after police say she beat her husband with a metal baseball bat at their home on Sunday afternoon and he later died from his injuries.
According to police, Harriett McNair Boykin, 67, attacked her husband on Sunday afternoon in the 1700-block of Misty Meadow Lane.
The beating, which police said occurred around 2 p.m., left her husband, Joey Keith Boykin, 58, with serious injuries.
According to officials, Harriett Boykin used a baseball bat to repeatedly strike her husband in the head. Joey Boykin was left unconscious after the assault.
He was transported to the hospital where he later died.
The 67-year-old woman is charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury.
Police said Harriett Boykin is currently being held in the Wake County Detention Center under no bond and the investigation is ongoing.
Harriett Boykin has not been charged with the killing at this time.
- City searches for solutions as recycling cease continues due to COVID-19
- Testing appointments booking quickly following the holiday weekend
- Colin Kaepernick signs multi-project deal with Disney
- Pandemic presents unique challenges for kids with special needs and their families
- Jewel City ramps up plans for historic anniversary
- Unemployed Ohioans may be eligible for an additional 20 weeks of benefits
- COVID-19 cases in WV continue to rise
- Winfield Youth Baseball webcast streaming 7:30 p.m. EST Monday, July 6, 2020
- Search for suspects in Kanawha County burglary underway
- Board votes to change the name of Stonewall Jackson middle school