GARNER, NC (WNCN) — A North Carolina woman is behind bars after police say she beat her husband with a metal baseball bat at their home on Sunday afternoon and he later died from his injuries.
According to police, Harriett McNair Boykin, 67, attacked her husband on Sunday afternoon in the 1700-block of Misty Meadow Lane.
The beating, which police said occurred around 2 p.m., left her husband, Joey Keith Boykin, 58, with serious injuries.
According to officials, Harriett Boykin used a baseball bat to repeatedly strike her husband in the head. Joey Boykin was left unconscious after the assault.
He was transported to the hospital where he later died.
The 67-year-old woman is charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury.
Police said Harriett Boykin is currently being held in the Wake County Detention Center under no bond and the investigation is ongoing.
Harriett Boykin has not been charged with the killing at this time.
- Pittsburgh Pirates offer resources for kids doing at-home learning
- Charities ask people to wait to drop off thrift store donations
- Tyson Foods to give $60 million in bonuses for frontline workers
- Federal and state officials team up to launch West Virginia Coronavirus Fraud Task Force
- WATCH LIVE: White House coronavirus task force gives Tuesday briefing, key updates on social distancing guidelines
- California resident celebrates 110th birthday
- West Virginia to receive nearly $19 Million from CARES Act
- Beshear confirms 114 new cases, seven COVID-19 related deaths
- Florida family creates virtual Disney vacation
- Large group of ‘Spring Breakers,’ including ones from UT Austin, test positive for COVID-19, APH says