HOEDSPRUIT, South Africa (AP) — Khanysia is an orphaned, albino elephant injured by a poacher’s snare in South Africa’s Kruger National Park.
She was found badly dehydrated in the park and taken to a center to rehabilitate orphaned elephants.
The center has helped the little elephant, now weighing 300 pounds, to recover. The center is helping 17 orphaned elephants.
- Application period for medical marijuana permits in West Virginia closes
- A few cold snaps left in February
- Non-profits are searching for solutions after Salvation Army announces it’s closure
- 43 minors caught in Massachusetts bar
- Former Charleston Mayor opens new business
- Scout Master weighs in on local impact of National Boy Scouts of America bankruptcy
- Danville parents sentenced to 20 years after infant daughter dies of heroin, cocaine overdose
- WVU to reopen PRT following rock slide on Monongahela Boulevard
- Caught on camera: Robber in wrong place at wrong time
- Foster care payments, bill of rights passes WV House of Delegates