MELBOURNE, FL (CBS) – An adorable bear cub, found in Florida’s Ocala National Forest in late February, is now recovering well in Florida’s Brevard Zoo, a video showed.
According to the zoo, the male cub had an ‘uncoordinated suck’, which may have been one of the reasons why he was abandoned by its mother.
“The cub, who is an estimated six weeks of age, is now healthy, feeding well and has opened his eyes,” the zoo said in a statement.
As the cub was orphaned at such a young age, he cannot be released back into the wild and zoo staff will be tasked with raising him for now.
- Customers excited to see several Capitol Street businesses back open
- More Covid-19 testing coming to all West Virginia prisons and jails
- Kanawha County lunch program plans to feed thousands this summer
- Positive COVID-19 cases in Randolph County continue to increase
- Ohio Lt. Gov. explains the difference between absentee ballots and voting by mail
- Gov. Beshear to give daily 5 p.m. update on reopening Kentucky
- WATCH LIVE: Authorities give update on the death of George Floyd amidst violent protests in Minneapolis
- Trump escalates war on Twitter, social media protections
- Board of Health approves grants to pay healthcare staff overtime
- Man learns his license plate has a twin when another driver’s bills arrive