GREENWOOD, DE (AP) — A pizza shop owner used his available resources to fend off an alleged robbery attempt by a man with a machete.
Deleware State Police say he threw a pizza at the suspect. The incident happened Friday, July 10, 2020, as the owner of Stargate Pizza in Greenwood, Deleware was closing down his shop for the night, according to police.
He told troopers that a man with a machete approached him demanding money. He said he didn’t have any and then threw the pizza, police said.
Police say the suspect then fled, and the store owner was unhurt. Officers didn’t say what happened to the pizza.
- Softball life continues for former Buffalo & Marshall grad Ali Burdette
- YWCA offers programs to help domestic violence victims find housing
- One dead after fatal crash in Wood County
- Here’s what classrooms will look like in West Virginia this fall
- Couple graduates from first family treatment court in the state
- President Trump, Ivanka made donations to Harris’s campaign in 2014
- Double sexual assault trial begins for former Marshall student
- Charleston Montessori School switching to outdoor classrooms
- ‘There’s a lot to lose’: Marshall Football season uncertain
- Big concerns about whether West Virginia has enough broadband for students