MONTGOMERY, AL (WIAT) — A proposed bill in the Alabama Legislature would require all men in the state to get a vasectomy within one month of their 50th birthday or the birth of their third biological child, whichever comes first.
The bill, HB-238, was proposed by Rep. Rolanda Hollis on Thursday. The proposal also states the procedure will be done at the man’s own expense.
The bill simply states “under existing law, there are no restrictions on the reproductive rights of men.”
Hollis said on Twitter the measure would “neutralize” the state’s abortion restrictions.
The bill is currently in committee. If it is passed, the bill would go into effect the third month since its approval.
- Man stole more than $700,000 from Veterans of Foreign Wars
- City officials: We have begun tearing down Washington Street building
- Couple makes mats for the homeless out of plastic bags
- Illinois police department rallies behind boy with cancer
- Bill to assist rural Kentucky hospitals clears House panel
- Handgun confiscated at Yeager Airport
- Man accused of raping, abusing infant sentenced to 4 years in prison
- Pinellas Park teacher who died of cancer leaves behind $60K for her school to build sensory playground
- North Carolina woman beat her husband to death with a metal baseball bat, police say
- Capital High School Boys Basketball Moves Forward Following Robbery