DETROIT (AP) — Police say a 2-year-old Detroit girl has died after getting her head stuck in a power window in a car.
Relatives tell TV station WXYZ that Kierre Allen’s father yelled, “My baby, my baby,” when he discovered her stuck in the window Monday. He had fallen asleep in the car in a driveway.
Kierre was rushed to a hospital but couldn’t be revived.
Her father was arrested for unrelated traffic tickets. The girl’s death remains under investigation.
- Outrage: Parents and students speak out about Kanawha County Schools graduation cancelation
- Man, 22, charged with murder after police chase leaves mother of six dead
- Protesters hold ‘Stroll to the Poll’ event, encouraging voters to cast early ballots
- State tests over 1,600 of state’s vulnerable population
- Next court appearance set for father of man accused of fatal Waffle House shooting
- Officer saves choking child while on lunch break at Olive Garden
- Greenup County, KY man arrested for drug trafficking
- Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday update: 38,111 cases, 2,370 deaths reported
- Walmart pledges $100 million to advance racial equity
- Suspended Buffalo Police officers charged with second-degree assault