LAKE CHARLES, La. ( CNN/WKRG ) — Hurricane strength winds damaged Lake Charles tower in Laura’s path as they swept across a parking lot and blew debris around.
The National Hurricane Center has determined that the center of Hurricane Laura came ashore just prior to 2:00 AM ET / 1:00 AM CT Thursday at Cameron, LA. Hurricane Laura roared ashore with maximum sustained winds at 150 mph and a minimum central pressure of just below 940 mb.
- City Council unveils renderings of proposed ‘Ravenswood Marina Project’
- ‘Little old West Virginia’ sets pace on vaccine rollout
- Women to wear pearls, Converse on Inauguration Day in Harris’ honor
- More than a dozen Capitol officers sick with COVID-19, report says
- Kanawha County reports five new COVID-19 related deaths