CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WOWK) – Gov. Jim Justice has issued a proclamation declaring Christmas Eve, Tuesday, December 24, 2019, as a full-day state holiday for public employees.
“So many of our incredible public employees have worked tirelessly over the past year to bring all kinds of goodness to West Virginia,” Justice said. “In honor of all these men and women do, it’s only right that they be given the opportunity to fully enjoy the Christmas holiday with their friends and loved ones.”
Before the proclamation, Christmas Eve was officially listed as a half-day holiday.
- Going to the Grammy’s: Nitro mother-daughter duo heading to California after winning WOWK contest
- U.S Census office in Lawrence County needs more than 12,000 workers
- West Virginia State Senate bill pushes for statewide trauma-informed practices grades K-12
- Public meeting hosted to get signatures in support of annexation
- Debate over legal adult-use cannabis in West Virginia
- Unknown powder incident at elementary school in Calhoun County no longer credible threat
- LIVE COVERAGE: House managers present case for impeaching Trump
- Accidents close two traffic lanes near Dunbar exit
- Cabell County Commission passes second amendment sanctuary resolution with 3-0 vote
- Bowling brings smiles, joy to kids during Special Olympics