CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WOWK) – Gov. Jim Justice has issued a proclamation declaring Christmas Eve, Tuesday, December 24, 2019, as a full-day state holiday for public employees.
“So many of our incredible public employees have worked tirelessly over the past year to bring all kinds of goodness to West Virginia,” Justice said. “In honor of all these men and women do, it’s only right that they be given the opportunity to fully enjoy the Christmas holiday with their friends and loved ones.”
Before the proclamation, Christmas Eve was officially listed as a half-day holiday.
- DeWines test negative for COVID
- Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday update: 1,294 new cases, 16 additional deaths
- More CPD officers test positive for COVID
- Mid-American Conference cancels fall football due to virus
- 22nd annual Logan Shrine Club Memorial golf outing to benefit children suffering from diseases
- Cupcake shop celebrates 10 year anniversary
- 13 News Now webcast, Friday, Aug. 7: Live at 9 p.m. EST
- WV Corrections continues close watch on COVID-19 numbers at jail
- Shop back to school: tax-free holiday weekend begins in Ohio
- Pioneer Football League cancels Fall league schedule