BUCKHANNON, W.Va. (WBOY) – The West Virginia State Fire Marshal’s Office is asking for citizens’ help as it investigates a recent arson on an Upshur County property. The arson incident occurred in the evening hours of Friday, August 30, 2019, at Spruce Fork Road outside of Buckhannon, according to a release from the State Fire Marshal’s Office.
The release stated that one home was damaged by the fire. The Fire Marshal’s Office said the fire has been ruled incendiary in nature and is believed to be the result of arson. The release said video surveillance placed two males and a female in a white van at the property where the fire was started. The subjects have been identified and are considered to be persons of interest, according to the release.
Below is video surveillance footage showing the three individuals.
Anyone with any information regarding this case is urged to contact the West Virginia Fire Marshal Arson Hotline at (800) 233-FIRE (3473)
- West Virginia State Senate bill pushes for statewide trauma-informed practices grades K-12
- Public meeting hosted to get signatures in support of annexation
- Debate over legal adult-use cannabis in West Virginia
- Unknown powder incident at elementary school in Calhoun County no longer credible threat
- LIVE COVERAGE: House managers present case for impeaching Trump
- Accidents close two traffic lanes near Dunbar exit
- Cabell County Commission passes second amendment sanctuary resolution with 3-0 vote
- Bowling brings smiles, joy to kids during Special Olympics
- Two Eastbound Lanes of Eugene Carter I-64 Bridge Closed for Repairs
- James Taylor to perform at Charleston Coliseum and Convention Center on June 24th