CHARLESTON, WV (WVU) – Best Virginia’s second appearance into this year’s The Basketball Tournament has been announced, marking the squad as one of the first five teams to take a spot in the bracket.
TBT made the announcement on their Twitter account Sunday that the Mountaineer alumni team will be returning alongside Carmen’s Crew (Ohio State alumni), Boeheim’s Army (Syracuse), AfterShocks (Wichita State) and the Jackson TN UnderDawgs.
While the squad’s only official members on the tournament’s website are John Flowers and Kevin Jones, it has previously been announced that Nathan Adrian and Da’Sean Butler will join the squad as well.
Last season, that quartet was joined by Juwan Staten, Tarik Philip, Devin Williams, Teyvon Myers, Truck Bryant, Elijah Macon and Jaysean Paige, with Jerrod West patrolling the sidelines as the team’s head coach.
The squad earned a victory over Seven Cities Royalty in the first round of last year’s TBT before falling to Overseas Elite, the tournament’s four-time defending champion.
This year’s tournament is slated to tip-off on July 23, with Best Virginia hosting a regional at the Charleston Civic Center in Charleston.
- Man, 22, charged with murder after police chase leaves mother of six dead
- Protesters hold ‘Stroll to the Poll’ event, encouraging voters to cast early ballots
- State tests over 1,600 of state’s vulnerable population
- Next court appearance set for father of man accused of fatal Waffle House shooting
- Officer saves choking child while on lunch break at Olive Garden
- Greenup County, KY man arrested for drug trafficking
- Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday update: 38,111 cases, 2,370 deaths reported
- Walmart pledges $100 million to advance racial equity
- Suspended Buffalo Police officers charged with second-degree assault
- Entire Buffalo Police Emergency Response Team resigns in support of suspended officers