CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WOWK) — There is growing frustration that after 16 months, no one has been arrested for 10 or more suspicious deaths at the VA Medical Center in Clarksburg. A former employee is being called a “person of interest” in the case. We know she was employed as a certified nursing assistant or CNA. She worked on floor 3-A where all the deaths occurred, and she interacted with various victims and some of their family members. To some that should be enough to bring her in for questioning.
“The bottom line is enough is enough. The woman – the person they say is a woman – her name has been out in the media. And this is ridiculous, there’s not been any indictments. There’s not been anybody basically, who’s been charged at all with this, and it’s ridiculous,” said Sen. Joe Manchin, (D-West Virginia).
This media outlet also knows the woman’s name but we are not making it public unless she is charged. Others in Congress are also growing anxious at an investigation that has now gone on for well over a year.
“Well, I’m just as impatient as everybody else. I don’t understand what’s taken so long. But in respect to the U.S. Attorney, I think he’s moving forward on charges as quickly as I think as he feels he can. But it’s certainly not quick enough for me,” said Sen. Shelley Moore Capito, (R) West Virginia.
The five publicly-named victims are military veterans Felix McDermott, George Shaw, William Holloway, Archie Edgell, and John Hallman. All died from unnecessary insulin injections.
WOWK 13 News Chief Political Reporter Mark Curtis spoke to the daughter of one of the VA victims. and while she is also hoping for an arrest soon, she wants the prosecutor to take all the time he needs to get it right, rather than to rush.
- Bipartisan bill introduced to improve transparency at Clarksburg VA
- Last VA death probe raises new concerns about criminal charges
- Sixth victim identified in Clarksburg VA death investigation
- Victim’s family speaks out on Clarksburg VA Hospital homicides
- Senator Manchin renews calls for hearings on Clarksburg VA deaths
- Clarksburg VA suspicious death toll rises to 10
- “Person of interest” in VA deaths not a nurse’s aide as claimed
- Congress frustrated over VA death investigation in Clarksburg
- Congress opens investigation into VA deaths in Clarksburg
- 3rd death ruled homicide in Clarksburg VA investigation
- Disturbing new details in Clarksburg VA Hospital deaths
- Congress wants more answers on VA Hospital deaths in Clarksburg
- Federal authorities have person of interest in suspicious deaths at Clarksburg VA Medical Center
- Congressional probe of VA deaths in Clarksburg will wait
- Profiling VA Victims: Felix “Kirk” McDermott
- Veteran identified as 5th suspicious death at Clarksburg VA Medical Center
- U.S. Attorney not giving in to pressure from Senator on VA investigation
- 4th veteran named as potential victim in Clarksburg VA investigation
- Attorney for Clarksburg VA Medical Center victims talks investigation
- New information on VA deaths at Clarksburg Medical Center
- Third family comes forward in VA Hospital death investigation
- More victims hiring attorney in VA hospital death cases
- West Virginia State Lawmakers want answers on VA deaths
- Sen. Manchin tours Clarksburg VA hospital after homicide allegations
- U.S. Attorney issues statement on investigation into deaths at the Clarksburg VA
- Second U.S. Veteran homicide confirmed at Clarksburg VA
- Lawyer: FBI involved in probe of deaths at VA hospital
- Sen. Manchin talks investigation into homicide at VA hospital
- Senator Manchin demands answers after death at Clarksburg VA Center
- Filing against VA Medical Center in Clarksburg claims patient was the victim of homicide