LOS ANGELES (WTRF) — Comedian Whitney Cummings was on The Late Late Show with James Corden Monday night and one of the topics discussed was her finding out she’s from West Virginia. In the segment, Cummings says after her father passed she was going through records and discovered that she wasn’t from Western Virginia but West Virginia.
Cummings then asks Corden if he knows West Virginia. Corden responds ” I don’t.”
Cummings then responds saying ” there’s a big difference between Virginia and West Virginia, like four chromosomes difference, it’s like the skin tag of Virginia.” Among other jokes that Cummings makes is that ” It’s like the taint of Kentucky.” She also adds she now has “hillbilly DNA.”
After receiving criticism about her jokes, Cummings took to Twitter to say they were just jokes and she loves the state.
- T-Mobile launches initiative to better serve first responders
- Polling stations opening for Kentucky primary election: dispute on how many
- Photo Gallery: Protests over George Floyd’s death break out across nation
- Dept. of Homeland Security: increase in child exploitation, cyberbullying during pandemic
- Crowds gather again in Columbus to protest police brutality, emergency declared in downtown area
- Man stabbed multiple times in Charleston
- Teen describes being trapped in flipped truck during flash flooding
- Explosion at SpaceX South Texas facility caught on camera
- George Floyd protests grow across the U.S.
- Hotel industry hits record breaking low at local and national level