LOS ANGELES (WTRF) — Comedian Whitney Cummings was on The Late Late Show with James Corden Monday night and one of the topics discussed was her finding out she’s from West Virginia. In the segment, Cummings says after her father passed she was going through records and discovered that she wasn’t from Western Virginia but West Virginia.
Cummings then asks Corden if he knows West Virginia. Corden responds ” I don’t.”
Cummings then responds saying ” there’s a big difference between Virginia and West Virginia, like four chromosomes difference, it’s like the skin tag of Virginia.” Among other jokes that Cummings makes is that ” It’s like the taint of Kentucky.” She also adds she now has “hillbilly DNA.”
After receiving criticism about her jokes, Cummings took to Twitter to say they were just jokes and she loves the state.
- Smashing pumpkins: Oregon Zoo pachyderms go to work
- Ugly Sweater Pop-Tarts hit stores for the holiday season
- Fire destroys abandoned house in Barboursville
- Bridge Day 2019 is a national holiday for extreme sports enthusiasts
- 600 Florida turtles saved from poaching ring; 2 men arrested
- Ohio student launches nonprofit to bring books to inmates
- Officials split building in two to solve property dispute in Ohio
- Cemetery killer booby-trapped home to target police
- Ohio University suspends more organizations amid hazing probe
- ‘A symbol of acceptance’: Kellogg joins anti-bullying campaign with All Together cereal