CHARLESTON, WV (WOWK) – The West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources confirmed that a health service worker at William R. Sharpe, Jr. Hospital in Weston, WV, tested positive for COVID-19.
DHHR announced the positive test Friday, April 24, 2020. The last day the individual worked was April 17, 2020, according to DHHR.
In coordination with the local health department, DHHR’s Bureau for Public Health was notified by the patient’s health care provider. Working through the local health department, measures were already in place to reduce the spread among other employees and patients.
- Marshall’s Grant Wells named to FWAA Freshman All-American Watch List
- Tuesday Night High School football sees Lincoln County defeat Chapmanville by 30 points
- Breast oncologist breaks down myths, prevention and tell-tale signs
- How states are planning for coronavirus vaccine distribution
- ‘We Back Blue’ campaign stops in Charleston