BELMONT COUNTY, Ohio (WTRF) – The driver has been arrested after a crash on I-470 on Monday afternoon where a body was discovered at the scene.
Authorities in Belmont County say 36-year-old David Allen Saunders was ejected from a car when it veered off the road and hit a sign near Exit 214.
First, officials believed he died as a result of the crash, but then learned that wasn’t the case.
Saunders was reported missing on Monday to St. Clairsville police.
The warrant states that after a coroner examination of the passenger, Saunders had been dead for several hours or longer.
The cause of death is unknown at this time.
The warrant also says Polen was presumably under the the influence of drugs at the crash.
Polen remains in the Northern Regional Jail without bond.
- Big tech CEOs grilled in Senate hearing
- WVU volleyball checks into national rankings for first time ever at No. 15
- MLB investigating Dodgers player who left isolation to celebrate World Series victory, after testing positive for coronavirus
- Flood watch in parts of West Virginia ahead of expected heavy rains from Zeta and a look at sharply colder weather to start next week
- 2021 Boston Marathon postponed, ‘at least’ until the fall