CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WOWK) – Senator Shelley Moore Capito has a new challenger in the upcoming election. President of the Family Policy Council of West Virginia Allen Whitt filed to run for United States Senate today in Charleston.
Whitt said, “It is the honor of my life to stand with the men and women in this state who care about pro-life values, the 2nd Amendment, and pushing back on out-of-control liberal values from Washington that kill our jobs and harm our families. I want to stand up for the voters of this state who have been forgotten by our out-of-touch elected representatives.”
Whitt has been the President of the Family Policy Council of West Virginia for 8 years, in which he has led local and state-wide campaigns on issues such as the pro-life cause, religious freedom, and the rights of small-business owners to resist government regulation and incursion.
- Pro-choice advocates: Justice’s executive order stopping abortions politicizes pandemic
- Drive-by Easter Bunny visits keep tradition alive
- Governor adds additional counties to COVID-19 Executive Order
- Scioto County confirms first positive case of COVID-19
- Coronavirus In West Virginia: WVa allows beer, wine home deliveries during virus outbreak
- Paddleboarder arrested for flouting California’s stay at home order
- Battling addiction while stuck in ‘Stay At Home’ order
- Emergency room doctor sleeping in RV to keep his family healthy
- Middle schoolers paint mural with encouraging words
- British man runs marathon in backyard during lockdown