CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WOWK) – Senator Shelley Moore Capito has a new challenger in the upcoming election. President of the Family Policy Council of West Virginia Allen Whitt filed to run for United States Senate today in Charleston.
Whitt said, “It is the honor of my life to stand with the men and women in this state who care about pro-life values, the 2nd Amendment, and pushing back on out-of-control liberal values from Washington that kill our jobs and harm our families. I want to stand up for the voters of this state who have been forgotten by our out-of-touch elected representatives.”
Whitt has been the President of the Family Policy Council of West Virginia for 8 years, in which he has led local and state-wide campaigns on issues such as the pro-life cause, religious freedom, and the rights of small-business owners to resist government regulation and incursion.
- Crews respond to apartment fire in Huntington
- ‘All Together Now:’ Examining racial relations in Mountain State
- 13 News’ “Fill the Bus” campaign underway in a safe way
- Haunted coffee shop in Ripley offers spooky brews
- 13 News Now webcast, Wednesday, Aug. 12: Live at 9 p.m. EST
- ‘She’s up to the task’: Democrats excited about Kamala Harris joining Joe Biden on 2020 ticket
- ‘It happens everywhere, it can happen to everyone;’ local shelter strives to address domestic violence
- Kanawha County Schools to ensure bus safety
- SPECIAL REPORT: ‘All Together Now’
- Meet the new Deputy Secretary of WV DHHR