FAYETTE COUNTY, W.Va. (WOWK) – The Fayette County Sheriff’s Department is investigating a series of vehicle break-ins from Pax to Fayetteville.
According to Fayette County Sheriff Mik Fridley, the person of interest broke into numerous unoccupied vehicles in church parking lots the morning of Sunday, November 17, 2019. Members of one of the area churches chased the suspect away.
The suspect managed to steal credit cards from one vehicle and used them to purchase $1,000 in gift cards and attempted to purchase $1,000 more at Kroger in Oak Hill around 12:15 p.m.
Police say the suspect is described as a black male in a black hooded sweatshirt. He was occupying a silver Nissan/Toyota sedan with Pennsylvania license plates.
Anyone with any information regarding this incident is asked to contact the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department at 304-574-3590 or Crime Stoppers of West Virginia at 304-255-STOP.
This incident remains under investigation by the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department.
- Charleston Mail Processing Plant Prepares for Holiday Rush
- Young boy & girl suspects sought for West Virginia mobile home arson
- MLB removes marijuana from list of banned substances for minor league players
- Montana dog found in West Virginia starts journey home for the holidays
- Sheriff’s Office searches for owner after emaciated dog found in Ohio
- Police say Ohio granddaughter fatally shot grandmother
- 11 Chinese migrants found hidden inside furniture, appliances in moving truck
- Capt. Ray Cornwell speaks ahead of taking over as interim police chief
- Fayette County woman charged in deadly child neglect case
- FOP hosts Christmas party for Cabell County students