FAYETTE COUNTY, W.Va. (WOWK) – The Fayette County Sheriff’s Department is investigating a series of vehicle break-ins from Pax to Fayetteville.
According to Fayette County Sheriff Mik Fridley, the person of interest broke into numerous unoccupied vehicles in church parking lots the morning of Sunday, November 17, 2019. Members of one of the area churches chased the suspect away.
The suspect managed to steal credit cards from one vehicle and used them to purchase $1,000 in gift cards and attempted to purchase $1,000 more at Kroger in Oak Hill around 12:15 p.m.
Police say the suspect is described as a black male in a black hooded sweatshirt. He was occupying a silver Nissan/Toyota sedan with Pennsylvania license plates.
Anyone with any information regarding this incident is asked to contact the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department at 304-574-3590 or Crime Stoppers of West Virginia at 304-255-STOP.
This incident remains under investigation by the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department.
- Troubled Kentucky jail improves under new leadership
- Family Policy Council of West Virginia president files to run against Shelley Moore Capito
- Barber gives free hair cuts in honor of MLK’s legacy
- Ohio homeowners may be eligible for tornado safe room rebate
- Warming station in Charleston keeps nearly 50 people warm during cold snap
- West Virginia Attorney General joins AGs in coalitions to keep abortion regulation with states
- Ibex offers more than 100 new jobs in Charleston
- MLK Day starts early in Portsmouth with silent march
- Salvation Army opens its doors as warming center in Charleston
- Semi-pro football team hosts 2020 season tryouts