Here’s how West Virginians can apply for FEMA assistance

West Virginia

Photo via Pixabay

CHARLESTON, WV (WOWK)—Residents of Cabell, Kanawha, Mingo and Wayne counties who experienced damage from the flooding that occurred in West Virginia between February 27 and March 4 of 2021 should apply for FEMA assistance by July 19, 2021.

This assistance can help you and your family take care of necessary expenses that cannot be met through insurance or other assistance programs.

Housing Assistance may provide financial or direct assistance, including:

  • Rental Assistance: Financial assistance to rent temporary housing while disaster-caused repairs are made to your primary residence, or while transitioning to permanent housing.
  • Lodging Expense Reimbursement: Financial assistance reimbursement for short-term lodging expenses.
  • Home Repair: Financial assistance for homeowners to repair uninsured home damage caused by the disaster. The assistance is intended to repair the home to a safe, sanitary and functioning living condition.

There are three ways to apply for Disaster Aid:

For more information on West Virginia’s disaster recovery, visit

For local and breaking news, weather alerts, video and more, download the FREE WOWK 13 News App from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Download the FREE WOWK 13 News App

Washington DC Bureau

More Washington DC Bureau

Don't Miss

Trending Stories