JACKSON COUNTY, WV (WOWK) – The Jackson County Health Department confirmed today the Mountain State’s second COVID-19 related death occurred in Jackson County.
According to a statement sent to 13 News, the patient had underlying health issues and died after being hospitalized.
“We extend our heartfelt sympathies to the patient’s family and friends,” Dr. I. Snyder, D.O., health officer for Jackson County Health Department, says.
” … this is a tragic development in this outbreak,” he added. “The Jackson County Health Department is taking necessary, carefully considered steps to slow down the spread of the disease and to protect those at greater risk.”
No additional details have been released at this time.
- NBA owners approve 22-team season restart plan
- LIVE NOW: Memorial service for George Floyd in Minneapolis
- Suspect in custody after police chase ends with 1 dead, 2 officers injured
- WV Attorney General files lawsuit against two retail pharmacy companies
- Coronavirus in Ohio Thursday update: 37,282 cases, 2,339 deaths
- Moment of silence at 2 p.m. in Ohio in remembrance of George Floyd
- Authorities investigating YouTuber, husband who gave up custody of adopted son with autism
- West Virginia Book Festival postponed to 2021
- Winning Lottery ticket sold in West Virginia
- Fairs and festivals can return to WV in July