HUNTINGTON, WV (WOWK) – A juvenile was arrested and charged Friday, May 29, in the death of Tayla Johnson, 16, of Huntington.
Johnson died of a single gunshot wound on May 20 in the 1000 block of 22nd Street. The juvenile was arraigned Friday and taken to a detention center.
According to a statement sent to 13 News, a search warrant was also executed during this investigation in the 900 block of 23rd Street on Friday.
During the execution of the search warrant, other arrests were made including, Kelly Ingels, 45, and Freda Ingels, 40, both of Huntington
Kelly Ingles was charged with possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance, selling a firearm to a juvenile, and contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Freda Ingels, 40, of Huntington. Ingles was charged with possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance.
- St. Albans Police investigating after body found in Kanawha River
- Even during pandemic beekeeping remains an essential service
- One in four teachers at risk of serious illness if infected with COVID-19
- One death, 72 new cases of virus in Mountain State
- Here’s how to keep your pets cool and safe this summer
- ‘Herd That’ bounced from TBT after falling to Overseas Elite 93-76
- 6-year-old inspired by Positive Actions creates refreshment stand for her West Virginia community
- What does the COVID-19 swab test feel like?
- Pathologist found blood clots in ‘almost every organ’ during autopsies on COVID-19 patients
- Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday update: 64,214 cases, 3,036 deaths