CHARLESTON, WV (WOWK) – The Kanawha-Charleston Health Department and the Kanawha County Emergency Ambulance Authority will hold a drive-up COVID-19 testing event Wednesday, May 27, 2020, at DuPont Middle School in Belle from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
The KCHD says testing event is open to everyone, including those with no symptoms of COVID-19.
“Testing people who don’t have symptoms of COVID-19 is an important part of stopping the spread of this disease in our community,” says Dr. Sherri Young, health officer and executive director of Kanawha-Charleston Health Department. “We’re happy to be able to offer this testing and hope people will take advantage of this opportunity.”
Appointments are preferred. For an appointment, call the Kanawha-Charleston Health Department’s COVID-19 hotline at 304-348-1088.
- New Cheetos mac and cheese hitting Walmart shelves this weekend nationwide
- Nitro Mission Team hosts first community-wide free food giveaway
- Charleston, WV: The fastest shrinking small city in the United States
- First monument honoring a woman to be unveiled at Kentucky State Capitol
- Gov. Justice unveils WV school reopening plans
- Nearly 900 total COVID-19 cases in Kanawha County
- Wedding photographer captures Beirut explosion
- Virus testing in the US is dropping, even as deaths mount
- Beshear: 18-day-old diagnosed with COVID-19
- Mingo County reports five new COVID-19 cases