CHARLESTON, WV (WOWK) – One man has been arrested after a stabbing in Elkview Monday evening, May 25, 2020.
Kanawha County Deputies say they were dispatched to Max Drive in Elkview for a reported stabbing. Upon arrival, deputies found an adult female, Rebecca Linville, laying on her back with cuts to her left arm. Deputies say she told them Jeramie Adkins, 46, of Marmet, WV, had allegedly attacked her.
Linville was taken to an area hospital to treat her injuries, which were not deemed life-threatening. Deputies say they found Adkins nearby on the riverbank where he was arrested and charged with malicious wounding, a felony.
- KY State Police investigating after toddler shoots self
- Fall camp opens Monday for Mountaineers
- Delta bans 100 passengers from taking flights, adds them to ‘no-fly’ list for refusing to wear masks
- Enhanced COVID testing returns to South Central Regional Jail
- Marshall’s Child Development Academy temporally closes due to COVID
- Coronavirus in Ohio Sunday update: 100,848 cases now reported in the state
- 5.1 earthquake felt across North Carolina
- COVID-19 claims 8 more lives in West Virginia
- South Charleston’s Aaliyah Dunham earns spot on Big East All-Academic team
- Marshall Football schedule impacted by COVID-19 & MAC cancellations