CHARLES TOWN, W.Va. (WDVM) — A Charles Town man was arrested for attempting to bring narcotics into the Berkeley County Judicial Center last week.
Kenneth Hess, 30, was arraigned Tuesday on misdemeanor charges after law enforcement discovered a brown powdery substance and several suboxone strips in his wallet.
According to court records, Hess claimed the items in his wallet must have been from a previous drug user. Other items found included assorted clear plastic baggies with suspected CDS residue. Hess remains incarcerated at the Eastern Regional Jail.
- Overall, a very nice weekend but hot weather looms!
- Two dogs die in hot car after AC fails while owner attends dog training lecture
- Backpack Buddy Community Packing Day still on for Putnam County
- Third Kentucky healthcare worker dies of COVID-19
- Yard sale in Portsmouth gives back to community
- Missing 3-year-old boy with autism found mile from home with family’s two dogs at his side
- ‘I’m so sorry, all I want is a hug’: 12-year-old accused of leading police on wild chase
- Organizers postpone Charleston, WV peaceful protest for safety concerns
- Minneapolis to ban police chokeholds in wake of Floyd death
- Kanawha County in-person graduation ceremonies canceled