MORGANTOWN, WV (WBOY) – Morgantown Police responded to a report of an armed man who barricaded himself inside of a vehicle in the parking lot of Ruby Memorial Hospital Thursday morning, according to a press release.
The release stated police responded to the incident at approximately 9 a.m. When police arrived on scene, they found a 30-year-old man who was reported to be in mental distress, according to the release. Police said the man was armed with a handgun in a locked vehicle.
The release stated officers and hospital security personnel evacuated the surrounding area, and officers were able to contact the armed man and “establish a dialogue” with him. Following a discussion with the officers, the man consented to go with medical personnel for an evaluation, according to the release.
Police stated that as a result of the incident, officers seized a handgun and a rifle. Officers said there were no injuries during the incident, and no arrests are currently pending.
- A few cold snaps left in February
- Non-profits are searching for solutions after Salvation Army announces it’s closure
- 43 minors caught in Massachusetts bar
- Former Charleston Mayor opens new business
- Scout Master weighs in on local impact of National Boy Scouts of America bankruptcy
- Danville parents sentenced to 20 years after infant daughter dies of heroin, cocaine overdose
- WVU to reopen PRT following rock slide on Monongahela Boulevard
- Caught on camera: Robber in wrong place at wrong time
- Foster care payments, bill of rights passes WV House of Delegates
- WV Senate looking at some tax cuts and some tax increases