One Person Dead After Roane County Fire

West Virginia

A woman is dead after a house fire on Front St. in Spencer, WV.

The fire was reported just before 9 a.m.

Investigators tell us a man and the woman were inside the home at the time of the fire.  The man was able to escape.  Firefighters say it appears the fire may have been started by a wood-burning stove and there were no working smoke detectors in the home.

Firefighters tell us gusty winds in the area played a part in the fire’s growth.

Crews from Spencer, Reedy, Clover and Newton VFD’s all responded to the scene.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Washington D.C. Bureau

More Washington DC Bureau

Don't Miss

Trending Stories

Local Events