CLARKSBURG, WV (WOWK) – The third wrongful death lawsuit was filed today against the Veterans Administration Medical Center in Clarksburg.
This one was filed on behalf of the son and daughter of retired Navy Seaman John W. Hallman.
All three lawsuits relate to as many as 11 mysterious deaths at the Louis A. Johnson Medical Center which came to light in mid-2019.
The suit blames the leadership team at the hospital for failing to follow established policies on medical care, hospital care and medical reporting – concluding “the wrongful death of retired Seaman John W. Hallman was a foreseeable consequence of the defendant’s negligence … “
Despite urgings from the state’s congressional delegation, the investigation is still open by the U.S. Justice Department.
- Cupcake shop celebrates 10 year anniversary
- 13 News Now webcast, Friday, Aug. 7: Live at 9 p.m. EST
- WV Corrections continues close watch on COVID-19 numbers at jail
- Shop back to school: tax-free holiday weekend begins in Ohio
- Pioneer Football League cancels Fall league schedule
- WVSU students react to potential TikTok ban
- CDC changes number of days someone has to quarantine if infected with COVID-19
- Governor says West Virginia schools are prepared to reopen
- Ready to have the time of your life? Jennifer Grey returning for ‘Dirty Dancing’ sequel
- Kentucky Education Association: “Public schools should not open to in-person instruction”