CHARLESTON W.Va. (WOWK) – West Virginia Attorney General’s Office has set up a toll-free tipline for West Virginians to report suspected Medicaid fraud. Calls to the telephone number – 1-888-FRAUD-WV (1-888-372-8398) – go to the state’s Medicaid Fraud Control Unit for review to see whether the information is actionable.
The unit targets Medicaid provider fraud, patient abuse or neglect and financial exploitation as well as allegations of health care fraud committed against the Medicaid program for potential prosecution, along with allegations of the criminal abuse, neglect or financial exploitation of patients in Medicaid-funded facilities and residents in board and care facilities.
“The tipline is a quick, easy way for every state resident to help protect Medicaid,” Attorney General Patrick Morrisey said. “By working together, we can better provide for those who legitimately rely upon the Medicaid system as a safety net and thereby thwart those who game that system for criminal gain.”
The unit is also responsible for investigating fraud in the administration of the Medicaid program. Its mission is to protect West Virginia’s vulnerable residents and the integrity of its health care programs.
- Ibex offers more than 100 new jobs in Charleston
- MLK Day starts early in Portsmouth with silent march
- Salvation Army opens its doors as warming center in Charleston
- Semi-pro football team hosts 2020 season tryouts
- Ohio protesters believe police are covering up truth in 14-year-old’s death
- Kanawha County man charged with shooting husband of his niece in the leg
- WVU grad spreads positivity through launching own clothing line
- ‘West Virginia Can’t Wait’ movement makes its stand in the State Capitol
- Huntington group lends a helping hand to animals in Australia
- Hundreds pay respects to fallen Roane County volunteer firefighter