CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WOWK) – You don’t have to travel to faraway lands for a unique experience, you can turn the pages of a book! With the West Virginia Book Festival happening at the Charleston Coliseum and Convention Center this weekend, there’s something for readers of all ages and skill levels.
West Virginia author, John Brown, will be in attendance. Brown is a Vietnam veteran and author of Augie’s War, a novel about Vietnam, and how a young soldier is affected by the experience.
“Children particularly have access to all sorts of technological devices like iPhones, iPads, computers and I think there’s been a dropoff in reading for children in particular. What’s beautiful about this book festival is there’s something for everyone,” said Brown
Brown will be at the book festival as well as nationally known authors James Patterson. The event wraps up on Sunday, October 6, at 7:30 p.m.
- Shake Shoppe hosts fundraiser for WV Habitat for Humanity
- Multiple fire departments battle Kanawha County fire
- Senators push to make New River Gorge a national park and preserve
- President Trump authorizes additional disaster assistance for historic 2016 flood
- Basketball team wins fight to play in tournament
- Marshall University to play East Carolina in memory of 75 who died in plane crash
- WV House wants criminal investigation of hospital closures
- PTSD Bill passes WV House of Delegates
- “Friends” is getting a reunion
- Fire at Kentucky prison forces inmates to be relocated