CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WOWK) – You don’t have to travel to faraway lands for a unique experience, you can turn the pages of a book! With the West Virginia Book Festival happening at the Charleston Coliseum and Convention Center this weekend, there’s something for readers of all ages and skill levels.
West Virginia author, John Brown, will be in attendance. Brown is a Vietnam veteran and author of Augie’s War, a novel about Vietnam, and how a young soldier is affected by the experience.
“Children particularly have access to all sorts of technological devices like iPhones, iPads, computers and I think there’s been a dropoff in reading for children in particular. What’s beautiful about this book festival is there’s something for everyone,” said Brown
Brown will be at the book festival as well as nationally known authors James Patterson. The event wraps up on Sunday, October 6, at 7:30 p.m.
- Joe Burrow Wins 2019 Heisman Trophy
- Fire breaks out at under-construction Texas Rangers park
- 5-year-old sells cookies & hot cocoa to raise money to pay off classmates’ negative lunch balances of her classmates
- Mountain Mission hands out holiday food baskets
- Mobile Food Pantry feeds hundreds of families in Berkeley County
- Liquid meth found inside transmission fluid, coolant containers
- Shooting inside Ohio home leaves 3 men dead
- One injured in Huntington stabbing
- Ohio criminal reform bill losses support after amendments
- Man accused of slapping Georgia news reporter on backside arrested