RIVESVILLE, WV (WBOY) - Rivesville Police charged a Rivesville man with animal cruelty in connection with an investigation into an abandoned dog in Marion County.
Justin Lancianese, 35, was arrested Thursday afternoon with help from animal control, according to Rivesville Police Chief Roger Cunningham.
Police said on July 31, a man found a dog named Winston in a ditch. The dog was trapped inside a sealed lunch bag under a large book, according to police. Winston is described as blind and elderly.
The Humane Society of the United States announced Wednesday it was offering a reward for any information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for abandoning a dog in Marion County.
According to the Humane Society, Winston is in good condition, despite liver health issues.
WV Justices Go On Defensive
Man sentenced for beating young boy,...
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Swedish PM voices anger after burning of dozens of cars
- The Latest: No life-threatening injuries in London crash
- The Latest: Compound defendants to be released pending trial
- Activist compares Beijing's rule in Hong Kong to colonialism