BUCKHANNON, W.Va. (WBOY) – The West Virginia State Fire Marshal’s Office is asking for citizens’ help as it investigates a recent arson on an Upshur County property. The arson incident occurred in the evening hours of Friday, August 30, 2019, at Spruce Fork Road outside of Buckhannon, according to a release from the State Fire Marshal’s Office.
The release stated that one home was damaged by the fire. The Fire Marshal’s Office said the fire has been ruled incendiary in nature and is believed to be the result of arson. The release said video surveillance placed two males and a female in a white van at the property where the fire was started. The subjects have been identified and are considered to be persons of interest, according to the release.
Below is video surveillance footage showing the three individuals.
Anyone with any information regarding this case is urged to contact the West Virginia Fire Marshal Arson Hotline at (800) 233-FIRE (3473)
- Finding Faith: Kentucky inmates baptized with the hope to turn life around
- Nitro mother and daughter attend Grammy Awards after winning WOWK contest
- Suspect in custody after hitting Kanawha County Deputy’s cruiser and fleeing scene
- Huntington’s 23rd Ice Bowl has record turnout to fight hunger
- Portsmouth mother creates forever home for 18-year-old
- One injured in motorcycle crash
- BREAKING: Kobe Bryant among those dead in helicopter crash outside Los Angeles
- Lincoln County woman worried for her health after dialysis center announces it’s closing
- Robotics tournament arrives at the mountain state
- Futsal indoor soccer tournament brings awareness to area youth