MONTCALM, WV (WVNS) — State Troopers from the Princeton Detachment of the West Virginia State Police are investigating a fatal accident in the Montcalm area of Mercer County. It happened around 1:30 p.m. on Sunday, May 24.
Investigators said a Jeep Cherokee hit a UTV. The driver of the side-by-side, Corey McKinney, was killed in the collision. His wife, Sabrina McKinney was flown to the hospital with serious injuries. Her condition is not known.
The driver of the Jeep, Ricky Olivo Jr. of Woodstock, Virginia is being charged with DUI resulting in death, DUI causing serious bodily injury and driving on a suspended license. The case is under investigation by Trooper J.L Wood.
- West Virginia student-athletes rally outside of the Capitol
- High school sports to re-open; bar & restaurant limits on tables in WV COVID-19 spike
- Neighbors react after grandparents charged in death 5-year-old girl
- 157 new cases of virus in 24 hours; Monongalia County sees spike
- Orioles name John Means starter for Opening Day
- WVDNR announces 2020 Antlerless Deer Season limited permit area applications
- ‘Life jackets worn, nobody mourns’: Officials urge open water safety
- Meet the new WV State Health Officer and Commissioner of DHHR
- Coalition requests removal of Stonewall Jackson statue from WV Capitol grounds
- Poll shows second stimulus check needed to help Americans pay bills