CHARLESTON, WV (WOWK) – West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice is closing all campgrounds in state parks as of today along with parks that draw large crowds. The scenic overlooks at Blackwater Falls State Park and Coopers Rock State Forest also will be closed until further notice. He has also directed West Virginia State Police to monitor the situation. The governor also issued an executive order for people coming from high-risk areas to quarantine for 14 days. He has also directed West Virginia State Police to monitor the situation.
Justice also declared today National Doctor’s Day in West Virginia in accordance with the National Doctor’s day to show appreciation for health care workers.
“We need to absolutely appreciate the health care community in every way,” Justice says.
Justice says it’s important to keep healthcare workers safe and healthy while treating coronavirus patients.
- Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday update: 38,111 cases, 2,370 deaths reported
- Walmart pledges $100 million to advance racial equity
- Suspended Buffalo Police officers charged with second-degree assault
- Entire Buffalo Police Emergency Response Team resigns in support of suspended officers
- Virtual memorial service held for Annie Glenn
- War Story: World War II Veteran shares his journey through battle caused hate, to find love
- Tracking the Tropics: Tropical Storm Cristobal strengthening as it moves toward Louisiana
- West Virginia sees slight uptick in positive COVID-19 cases, total recovered continues to rise
- Ohio corrections employee tests positive for COVID-19, inmates quarantined
- UPDATE: Four people shot in parking lot of Ironton bar, one in custody