CHARLESTON, WV (WOWK) - The WV Supreme Court of Appeals has announced the appointment of Cabell County Judge Paul T. Farrell as a temporary replacement, following the resignation of Justice Menis Ketchum and suspension of Justice Allen Loughry.
Judge Farrell's appointment to the Supreme Court of Appeals will continue until the Chief Justice deems his assistance no longer necessary.
This follows articles of impeachment being brought against Justice Loughry and the remaining three Supreme Court Justices.
In the event of the articles of impeachment proceeding to the Senate, Judge Farrell would be assigned as the Acting Chief Justice of Appeals for the proceedings.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Swedish PM voices anger after burning of dozens of cars
- The Latest: No life-threatening injuries in London crash
- The Latest: Compound defendants to be released pending trial
- Activist compares Beijing's rule in Hong Kong to colonialism