SOUTH CHARLESTON, WV (WOWK) – So while Marshall’s is underway, the Mountain East Conference won’t open preseason camp till August 17. West Virginia State football coach John Pennington is staying busy — holding his inaugural charity golf tournament in South Charleston.
Coach Penn was looking good off the tee box on No. 10.
All the money raised from the 13 team tournament will be donated to West Virginia State athletes, to help purchase textbooks and other school items a portion of the funds will also be given to walking miracles — a charity that helps families who have children with cancer.
Pennington says with all the doom and gloom around these days, this is the perfect time to give back to the community.
- Marshall’s Child Development Academy temporally closes due to COVID
- Coronavirus in Ohio Sunday update: 100,848 cases now reported in the state
- 5.1 earthquake felt across North Carolina
- COVID-19 claims 8 more lives in West Virginia
- South Charleston’s Aaliyah Dunham earns spot on Big East All-Academic team
- Marshall Football schedule impacted by COVID-19 & MAC cancellations
- Rock Hill Girls Basketball holds inaugural golf outing
- Ohio University student-athletes protest against police brutality
- 6th annual backpack giveaway takes place in North Charleston
- County Day Report Center employee tests positive for COVID