Three Mountaineer student-athletes from the men’s basketball team have been honored by the National Association of Basketball Coaches for their work in the classroom.
Juniors Derek Culver, Emmitt Matthews Jr. and Jordan McCabe were named to the 2019-2020 NABC Honors Court, which recognizes men’s basketball players who performed well in their academics. The trio are among 1,350 student-athletes to receive the honor.
In order to be eligible, student-athletes must be an academic junior or senior, a varsity player and have a cumulative 3.2 GPA after this past academic year.
The Mountaineers’ three honorees is the highest on the Honors Court among Big 12 schools.
- Charleston YWCA works to overcome COVID-19 challenges
- Ohio representatives: Eviction crisis looming
- New Cheetos mac and cheese hitting Walmart shelves this weekend nationwide
- Nitro Mission Team hosts first community-wide free food giveaway
- Charleston, WV: The fastest shrinking small city in the United States
- First monument honoring a woman to be unveiled at Kentucky State Capitol
- Gov. Justice unveils WV school reopening plans
- Nearly 900 total COVID-19 cases in Kanawha County
- Wedding photographer captures Beirut explosion
- Virus testing in the US is dropping, even as deaths mount