HUNTINGTON, WV (WOWK-TV) — The Grace Christian Lady Soldiers have done lots of winning over the past two seasons.
Rising senior Samantha Wells has played a major part in the team’s success, as the program is coming off a pair of WVCAT state titles, and now the squad is eyeing its third straight crown.
“It’s great. I came here my freshman year and that’s when everything really started to pick up, and being a part of this – to build a program – is awesome,” Wells said. “We always do a bunch of extra work in the summer like we are today, but we always have a goal set for us, its exciting. I’m really hoping we can pull out the threepeat that would be awesome.”
Wells scored 17 and a half points per game last year, and led the lady soldiers in points with 507, now she’s receiving some major college interest.
“It’s really cool and its really fun to know all these coaches and get to see what’s out there as far as different teams and how they work and they’re a different style of play.
“First and foremost I want her happy so just find that good fit, and find the coach that you like, and someplace she can play,” Wells said.
While she excels on the court, her intangibles are off the charts.
“I really like to be a leader to the team and whether that’s packing an extra jersey in my bag for someone who might forget or just encouraging them when they are out there, they know they are someone we can trust and look up to,” Wells said.
Wells knows this will be her final season in a Grace Christian uniform and she believes it will be a memorable one.
“I do hope is the best and I think it will be just because it’s my last season here and I’m going to give it my all and just enjoy every second.”
- Once Isaias moves out, our weather will warm up again
- Fayette County woman battles end-stage liver disease, looking for donors
- Kanawha County school re-entry plan approved
- Interactive Roster Breakdown: Tight ends
- ‘Serious threat to livestock’ found in Gallia County
- Increase in KY COVID-19 cases begins to slow
- Wheeling man faces federal time for child porn
- Warning: Scammer pretending to be actual police officer
- See suspicious activity? WV now has a toll-free drug tip line
- Pres. Trump wants broader role for telehealth services in Medicare