(WOWK) – Following Gov. Jim Justice’s announcement middle and high school sports may begin on June 8, the WVSSAC has released a guideline for resuming athletics.
Executive Director Bernie Dolan state the summer period is strictly voluntary and each county board of education has the ultimate authority to determine if schools will participate.
The guidelines call for a two-phase strength and conditioning period can start beginning June 8, 2020.
Additional guidelines are included for the three week period which starts for many counties on July 6, 2020. Specific information was sent to county superintendents and principals
- Update: Detectives investigating after body found in Kanawha County
- Heat wave keeping its grip on the tri-state
- Friends of Portsmouth set up ‘Light Up the Sky’ fireworks event
- WATCH: Fabulous Fourth of July Fireworks
- WATCH AGAIN: Fireworks in downtown Gatlinburg, Tennessee
- Mountain State sees Saturday increase in COVId-19 cases
- Christopher Columbus statue vandalized, beheaded
- Fireworks return to Mount Rushmore
- Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday update: 56,183 cases, 2,907 deaths
- Cast your vote: All-Mountaineer Kicking Specialist