MORGANTOWN, WV (WOWK) – West Virginia University President E. Gordon Gee appeared on WOWK’s “Opening West Virginia” special Wednesday, May 13, and seemed certain that games would be played on the gridiron in the fall.
“We are going to play football in the Fall,” Gee says. “Even if I have to suit up myself.”
He stressed safety is paramount and the decision will be made based upon what is healthy for students, fans, and student-athletes.
“This country needs to move from being shut down to getting back to hope and opportunity, and certainly athletics provides great hope,” he says.
Gee says he currently serves on a College Football Playoff board.
- Charleston has a new citizen action group to promote social justice
- Shaquille O’Neal stops to help crash victim along Florida highway
- 13 News Now webcast, Tuesday, July 14: Live at 9 p.m. EST
- Pastor loses pounds after making promise to late wife
- Tracking the Tropics, Week 7: beach renourishment & hurricane shelters amid COVID-19
- Groups call for removal of Stonewall Jackson statue
- 2021 National Boy Scout Jamboree postponed
- Kanawha County Board of Education releases survey results for West Side middle school
- Kentucky man arrested after child abuse investigation
- WV pandemic cases climb again as recoveries edge toward 3,000